HARROGATE HIGH SCHOOL EXAM PERFORMANCE
We are proud of our students´ success in exams...
Key Stage 4 (Year 11)
Between 2010 and 2015 our pass rate in GCSE English (A*-C) increased by 15% and in Maths by 16%. In both GCSE English and Maths our A*-C pass rates continue to be at or higher than the national average.
English and Maths GCSE exam results are now measured in terms of the numbers of students making ´expected progress´ compared with their starting point in Year 7; our results continue to exceed the national average.
- Our ´Progress 8´ score was -0.09*
- Our ´Attainment 8´ score was 44.7*
- 55% of students gained a grade C or above at GCSE
- 60% of students gained a grade C or above in two or more sciences
- 14% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate combination of subjects (GCSE grade C or above in English, maths, two sciences, a language, and history or geography)
- 60% of students gained a grade C or above in English GCSE
- 74% of students gained grade C or above in maths GCSE
*Progress 8 and Attainment 8 are new performance measures that gauge students´ results in their eight best subjects. For more information, visit: https://www.ncfe.org.uk/media/790481/SecEdGuideTo-NCFE%20web.pdf
Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form)
In 2016 our A*-B pass rate was 60% at A2 level which is well above national average. Our overall pass rate stands at 99%. These results have enabled a high proportion of students to move to their first-choice higher education destination or apprenticeship.
Click the link below to view the Department for Education´s school performance tables
PLEASE NOTE: the correct figure in the performance tables for students achieving five or more GCSEs at A*-C in 2015 is 53%, not 52% as reported by the DfE. This is because the DfE figures ommitted one student´s results.